LIST OF PHD TOPICS FOR 2022
POST-DOC POSITIONS - STILL OPENED (APPLY ASAP!)
VIDEO TOUR THROUGH OUR LAB AND FACILITIES
WHAT DO WE OFFER:
* modern laboratories, project funded by the prestigious ERC grant = high risk and high gain, state-of-the-art instrument, stable funding
* competitive scholarship for PhD student and a 2-4 year contract for Post-Docs
* You will work in a team of young investigators that challenge some long standing problems in the field of hematology. We do basic and translational science, but with the objective to help patients in the future (we have access to primary samples with hem. malignancies, and we suggest novel clinical trials).
WHAT WILL YOU LEARN/DO:
* How to think and work independently as a scientist, design experiments and formulate hypothesis
* Writing of abstracts and papers (and course in grant writing and presentation of data)
* How to present data and will attend conferences to present your research
* You will spend 1-2 months visit(s) in collaborating labs in Europe or US
* Collaboration with experts in wet lab research and bioinformatics
* Novel methods such as Next Generation Sequencing (Illumina) and genome editing (Crispr)
* How to critically analyze scientific data (regular journal clubs)
* Classical and novel methods of molecular biology (e.g. RNAseq, Crispr, immunoblotting, flow cytometry, qRT-PCR, cell cultures, cloning), and you will use our in vitro models for microenvironmental interactions, and artificial activation/inhibition signalling pathways to decipher the gene regulatory loops.
* You can supervise students if interested
WHO ARE WE LOOKING FOR:
* Motivated smart people that have the "drive" to work independently, but also willing to learn from other people in the lab and collaborate.
* Candidates should have a degree in Molecular biology, Biochemistry, or similar field and have deep interest in molecular biology and cancer cell biology.
HOW TO APPLY:
* To apply please contact the supervisor and submit a CV by email to: email@example.com
* The PhD students: APPLY before 7th Feb 2022 to start Sept 2022
, international and czech students are accepted for CEITEC PhD school , or czech students for a PhD program at Faculty of Medicine
* The post-doc positions are opened for enrolment (start of position is negotiable). APPLY AS SOON AS POSSIBLE!
The research is funded by ERC grant, and will be conducted at CEITEC MASARYK UNIVERSITY (campus Bohunice). Our laboratory extensively collaborates with the University Hospital Brno in the same campus to obtain primary samples from patients. The campus provides a vibrant, multidisciplinary and highly collaborative scientific environment. The lab is located in Brno, the second-largest city in Czech Republic that has the biggest concentration of biomedical research in the region. Brno is one of the major cultural hubs, with a vibrant and lively atmosphere housing ~60.000 students. The city has a very good public transport and plenty of interesting places to visit within the reach of trains (within small distance of several major cities such as Prague, Vienna, Bratislava, Budapest) and close to international airports.
RESEARCH FUNDED BY ERC Starting Grant, Czech Science Agency, and Ministry of Health